Saturday, April 21, 2012

A body with different ideas

This is where I should be elated about a new personal record I broke in an interval training, talk about how wonderful I think the mixes from the website DJ Steve Boyett helped me reach that new level in my running "career" or let you know about the feeling of getting soaked and chilled to the bone while I did my training.

But alas, my body decided different. To be more precise, my knees decided different. A combination of Aikido (sitting a lot in Seiza) and inexperienced running caused my knees, especially my right knee, to protest against another battering on the streets of De Meern. In fact, I'll be out of running action for at least a week, maybe even more, depending on the mood of my uncooperative joints.

So in stead of sweeting it out, I went to Schrijver Orthopedische Schoentechniek to have me fitted with a pair of soles. My Tukang Pitjit (Frans Flissinger of Massage Praktijk Flissinger) put me through the wringer and in 2 weeks, my soles will be ready. Hopefully, that will be enough time for my knees and me to get to grips.

I still have a goal to reach, running at the Run for KiKa 2012, but maybe, just maybe, in stead of running 10K I'll have to settle for 5K. :'(

Sponsoring our team is still possible at http://goo.gl/7ZZd3. You'll be helping the fight against child cancer!

So, as I meant this blog to be about my running antics, it may become a little quiet over the next week or 2 but I hope you will be joining me for my next blog, whenever that will be.

As always, I am looking forward to your responses.

Greetinx
Johan

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to react to this blog. It's highly appreciated. However, because I want to keep this blog nice and clean and for all ages to read, I have to moderate your message. Rest assured, as long as you keep it clean without swearing or profanities, I will post it. Even if your opinion is completely opposite of mine. Everybody has a right to their own opinion.