Saturday, May 5, 2012

After 2 weeks of non running

2 and a half weeks ago, I ran my last training before a pending knee injury forced me to take a break. During that break I got myself fitted with some special soles so my running posture would be better and my knee(s) would be pointing, bending, pivoting or whatever movement these joints make, in the right direction while running. Today the soles were ready and I went to pick them up at Schrijver Orthopedische Schoentechniek.

At home, I changed into my running clothes, put on my running shoes with the new soles, decided how far back I was going to pick up my schedule and dashed of for a couple of rounds on the 1.4k small southern most ring of "Het Lint". While I did my 3 laps (and a bit) to the rhythm of DJ Steve Boyetts Podrunner interval for 1st day to 5K week 4 mix I felt as if it had been far too long. Yes, I did some cycling over the last couple of weeks, hoping my stamina would remain at a relative equal level, but still it wasn't running. And to be honest, I missed it. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see how my knee(s) will hold up with the new soles.

On a side note, I have decided that running the 10K is not going to be a realistic goal for June 10, 2012. So I have changed my entry to the "Run-for-Kika" to 5K... That doesn't mean we don't need any more sponsors :D You can still show your support for the fight against child cancer by sponsoring the team I am running with at http://goo.gl/7ZZd3

Well, that's it for this episode of my blog. Not many reactions to the previous articles but so far they are viewed a grand total of 160 times. Which means some people do read them. I would love your feedback so please post a nice reaction :D I'm looking forward to them.

Till the next post.

Greetinx
Johan

1 comment:

How nice of you to react to this blog. It's highly appreciated. However, because I want to keep this blog nice and clean and for all ages to read, I have to moderate your message. Rest assured, as long as you keep it clean without swearing or profanities, I will post it. Even if your opinion is completely opposite of mine. Everybody has a right to their own opinion.