Saturday, April 14, 2012

Breaking another barrier

YIHAAAA

Crossed the illustrious 5K barrier! The blizz I felt when I reached the point in my route at which my run would normally have finished, but now, I wasn't even in my cooling down section! I knew I was gonna cross the 5K line this time. And I didn't even feel like I was pushing my limit! I could have gone on for a couple of minutes (I think) but I decided not to overdo it and to follow the Podrunner interval week 6 mix 1 session.

It felt really good. The running sections seemed a little short and the rest sections felt as if they could have been shorter. It was a great feeling. Now I have to push even harder to get to my 10K goal by the end of may.

While I am writing this blog, my wife put on a video made by the football team of my nephew where they said their goodbyes to him. Very emotional and it enforces my drive to get to 10K in the next 1 and a half month to "Run for KiKa". If you can, please help the fight against child cancer by sponsoring the team I'm running in: "ITSA Runners"

Until my next run

Greetinx
Johan

1 comment:

How nice of you to react to this blog. It's highly appreciated. However, because I want to keep this blog nice and clean and for all ages to read, I have to moderate your message. Rest assured, as long as you keep it clean without swearing or profanities, I will post it. Even if your opinion is completely opposite of mine. Everybody has a right to their own opinion.