Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I keep on breaking stuff

Stuff like another PR. I'm working hard on reaching a goal that I set for myself. A rather challenging goal.I started running on March 17, and I want to be able to run 10K in an hour by June 10, 2012 at the "Run for KiKa" in Spaarnwoude (Did I mention you can sponsor the team I'm running with at http://goo.gl/7ZZd3).

In the run I did today, I ran 5K in 30:30 (that's a pace of 6.01min/km). I can't really describe the feeling I had when I knew I was going to make the 5K running (I subtracted the warm-up walk from the total distance). The only thing I was not sure of was if it was going to be under half an hour. Unfortunately I just didn't make it. BUT I did make it to 5K without walking. And THAT boosted my morale to new heights. Next step will be to break the 6min/km mark. But first my next run. That will be another interval run, on Saturday since I have Aikido training on Thursday.

It's a busy schedule. Monday & Thursday Aikido training (practicing for my 5th kyu exam at the end of June) Tuesday & Saturday Running (training for the "Run for KiKa" in June and the "Dam-tot-Dam-loop" in September) but I am confident I can make it all work.

'till the next blog

Greetinx
Johan

1 comment:

How nice of you to react to this blog. It's highly appreciated. However, because I want to keep this blog nice and clean and for all ages to read, I have to moderate your message. Rest assured, as long as you keep it clean without swearing or profanities, I will post it. Even if your opinion is completely opposite of mine. Everybody has a right to their own opinion.